Our Specialist Buying Service
AL specializes in maximizing investors’ returns in the rental sector in Prime West-African Property (PWAP). We are not simply a buying agent. We provide an integrated approach to asset management, including property search, renovation, interior design, development, lettings, ongoing property and sales management. All underpinned by sophisticated financial modelling and all handled under one roof.
Our one stop service
- Outline your investment objectives and property requirements.
- AL will help refine your brief, taking into account your budget, taxes, costs and fees.
- Agree a date to view potential properties.
- Using our extensive contacts, we source the best on and off market opportunities.
- We compile a recommended shortlist including costs and anticipated returns.
- 2 weeks
- Meet AL for a tour of properties, followed by an in depth discussion.
- Having made your choice, AL's Aquisitions team negotiate the most competitive purchase price.
- 1 week
- AL manage the entire acquisition process, coordinating lawyers, mortgage brokers and tax advisors.
- AL deals with all the issues that arise, providing regular updates.
- 4 weeks
- When legals and mortgage offer are finalised, contracts are exchanged, normally with a 10% deposit.
- Legal completion date is agreed, normally around 4 weeks later.
- 4 weeks
Refurbishment & design
- Following exchange, AL’s Refurbishment team draw up specification of works and get approved contractors to tender.
- We provide you with a detailed proposal and fixed price quote within the budget estimate at shortlist stage.
- Works begin immediately once approvals are obtained and finish within 7 – 8 weeks for a one bedroom unit.
- 8 weeks
- For a two bedroom unit, it takes 11 – 12 weeks. For larger projects, a fixed time schedule is agreed.
- 4 weeks
- As soon as works are complete, the property is furnished and styled by AL’s interior designers ready for rental.
- 1 week
Letting & management
- AL's Lettings team market your property through internet & industry platforms, relocation agents & HR contacts.
- Rental offers received are negotiated and prospective tenants referenced and interviewed.
- 4 weeks
- AL recommend the best offer to you and draw up the tenancy agreement.
- AL assists with all compliance matters, assists with tenant move-in and other checks such as inventories.
- The property is closely managed by AL’s Property Management team, contacting you only if necessary.
- Rents are promptly remitted to you and supporting statements provided.
Sourcing & Acquisition
Unlike other real estate agents who act for the seller, AL acts for you, the buyer. We represent your interests and screen the whole of the Prime West-African Property (PWAP) market for the best properties to meet your requirements. AL’s reputation ensures we hear about them first.
We put together a recommended shortlist with in-depth financial analysis. Following your final selection, we negotiate the best possible price and manage the whole purchase process, meeting tight deadlines in a competitive market.
Refurbishment & Design
Some of the properties we manage in Prime West-Africa require complete refurbishment or even redevelopment. As project manager and design consultant, AL provides detailed specifications and fixed price quotes, working with a selected team of contractors.
We complete works on time and to budget, furnishing each property after renovation, so it can be quickly let. Creating a boutique ‘hotel-style’ look, we maximize the property's appeal to tenants and create a significant capital uplift – a crucial part of the investment strategy
Letting & Management
With each rental investment, our key objective is to deliver the highest returns and best quality tenant, as quickly as possible. AL proactively market so flats let quickly and our occupancy rates run in excess of 94%.
We reference and meet all potential tenants and provide responsible, accountable property management. AL acts on your behalf at all times, ideal if you want to delegate all day-to-day aspects of property management. AL specialises in acting for off-shore landlords.
Home seeker & concierge service
Alongside our rental investment service, we assist home seekers looking for a property in PCL. We search on and off market until we find exactly what you want. However, we are not simply a buying agent, our one stop service includes acquisition, refurbishment and interior design.
AL also provides concierge services and vacant management for owners who only use their properties periodically. AL will settle your bills, pay your staff and cater for your requests, before, during and after your stay.
AL assists its clients throughout the investment process from beginning to end representing your best interests at all times. That means that if you, as our client, ever decide to divest, we will work on your behalf to ensure your property is sold as quickly as possible and at the highest possible price.
AL's in-depth knowledge of the market means that we can use our extensive network of contacts as well as selecting the best local agents to add to your marketing firepower. We will always approve and check property particulars, monitor sales progress, liaise with lawyers and respond to enquiries to achieve a successful transaction.
Real estate advisory service
With both owners and fiduciaries looking to maximise the returns of prime Africa assets, AL can assist through its real estate advisory service.
AL will provide a strategic resource for any real estate decision making, from advising on optimising rental yields, specifying renovation work to enhance assets, to managing the disposal of existing properties. AL can also provide a coordinated supervisory and maintenance service to ensure existing assets are managed effectively.
Case study: Serviced Apartments Investment
AL’s tailored service means we help investors make purchase decisions to maximise their future returns. Given our client’s budget, they were able to acquire a mixed-use building or block of...
Case study: Investment Refurbishment
One of our existing clients, for whom we manage a portfolio of properties, acquired a small freehold block, using our search services in 2014 which comprised 3 one bedroom flats...
Case study: Rental Investment Flat - Two Bedroom
Existing clients, committed to the long-term benefits offered by Prime Central Africa, were keen to add to their portfolio by purchasing a property in another of PCL's micro markets or...
Case study: Pied-a-terre
Based in Malaysia, our new client was looking for a flat within a well managed period building in the Westminster area. As it was to be used as a pied-a-terre during their...